10-Year-Old Died From "Drug Cocktail" Overdose
Other Children Already Removed From Home
Omaha, NE - An autopsy shows a 5th grader died two months ago from an overdose of four drugs - methadone, oxycodone, lorazepam and haloperidol.
Douglas County attorney Don Kleine tells KMTV Action 3 News police are investigating to see where 10-year-old Shykell Robinson obtained the drugs.
Relatives told us in April that the Minne Lusa student went to bed as usual on a Saturday night, but didn't respond when his mother tried to wake him in the morning. He was rushed to the hospital in cardiac arrest. He died 30 minutes later.
Investigators removed Shykell's brothers and sisters from the house when they found "filthy and dangerous conditions," including mold, insects throughout the entire house, and very little food. The children also didn't have any beds.
The case is pending in juvenile court. There have been no arrests or charges in Shykell's death.
Reported by Kathy Sarantos Niver, firstname.lastname@example.org