Grill Sparks House Fire
Firefighters Say Nobody Hurt In Explosion
A gas grill explosion leads to a house fire Tuesday afternoon. Video by kmtv.comvideo
Omaha, NE - A gas grill explosion leads to a house fire Tuesday afternoon.
The blast happened around 1:30 P.M. near 149th and Binney Streets. Firefighters tell Action 3 News two people were on the deck warming up the grill when something went horribly wrong. The explosion caused damage to the roof as well as the back of the house. It's the type of blast that caught neighbors and visitors alike completely off guard.
"You wake up in the morning and everything is fine, then boom everything changes," said witness Cindy Rudebusch.
The Salvation Army is now assisting the family. Nobody was hurt.